You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

22sprinklerman

Friday, May 11th 2007, 4:28pm

low voltage lighting

I am a sprinkler guy trying to start some landscape lighting. My question is- I have a 900w transformer and an outlet to plug it into but in the past i have seen houses where the outlet(gfi) is for the transformer only and has its own breaker i was wondering if this is really neccesary or can i get away with the exsisting outlet outside the home

JohnnyG101

Thursday, June 7th 2007, 3:52am

In the homes I have owned in the past I have always used a standard GFI outlet found outside. Never had any issues.

22sprinklerman

Thursday, June 7th 2007, 5:18am

Thanks ,I think I will use the one already there. Thanks for the info usually i get a dumbass answer back like- GO read a light manual . Thank YOU

Rate this thread