You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Saturday, May 12th 2007, 4:13pm

How to replace a Febco 765-1

My PVB got hit hard this winter. Not only did the Bonet and Poppet break, but one of the ball valves has a crack in the housing. But there is no union in the line. The pipe comes right out of the house into the inlet ball valve and the outlet ball valve connects to a pipe that goes straight down into the ground.

Did the original installer mess up? Is there a way to remove this thing that I'm not seeing

SprinklerGuy

Supreme Member

Sunday, May 13th 2007, 6:00am

this is typical installation....if in doubt...have an irrigation repair tech do the work....

99% of installs have ZERO unions....
Sprinkler Solutions, Inc.
Arizona and Colorado
www.sprinklersolutions.net

Sunday, May 13th 2007, 12:55pm

So, if there is no union, how does one get it out to replace?

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Sunday, May 13th 2007, 3:36pm

Cut the pipe(s)

Tuesday, May 15th 2007, 1:09pm

This might sound stupid, but is the 765-1 the same as the 765-100 PVB?

Tom

Supreme Member

Tuesday, May 15th 2007, 1:57pm

yes

Tuesday, May 15th 2007, 2:31pm

Thanks Tom. I have a Febco 765-1 that needs a few parts replaced and I found out that it is cheaper to just buy a whole new PVB rather then get the parts replaced. I found the 765-100 for a decent price and I just wanted to confirm that it was the same as what I currently have. Thanks again.

tehachapibackflow

Tuesday, May 15th 2007, 2:59pm

To all who actually test and repair backflow assemblies you should know by now that anything with the name "febco" is nothing better that a 8 lb. brass paper weight. Lets all do eachother a foavor and never install or replace a febco piece of junk again.
Tyler Napier

Tuesday, May 15th 2007, 3:34pm

Do you have a suggestion of something better I could purchase to replace the Febco 765-1? I was only going to replace it with another one because that is what is there already. If there is something better I should get I would love to get your input.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Tuesday, May 15th 2007, 3:44pm

If you winterize it properly, you can live with the Febco. Any PVB will not survive a winter with it filled with water.

Rate this thread