You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Roger Stover

Sunday, May 13th 2007, 1:47pm

Champion valve problem

I just installed a "3/4" anti-siphon body less union Champion RO/05/002" valve. It is connected to a DIG one-station battery-powered controller and a DIG solenoid.

I have a filter and PRV inline installed just before the valve.

When I turn on the water, either with the little flipper on the solenoid or with the controller - water bubbles forcefully out of the top of the second riser (not the one with the solenoid) but does not proceed on into the drip system piping.

What am I doing wrong?

mrfixit

Sunday, May 13th 2007, 11:44pm

Hi Roger. It sounds like the float isn't positioned right. Unscrew the anti-syphon cap. Make sure the plastic float is centered on the pin and the black rubber washer is there. Also the Dig anti-syphon adapters flow is controled by turning the adapter itself counter-clockwise. If it's not open far enough it can give the impression of coming on but wont have enough force to seal the float thus the water bubbles out. Good luck!
If I can't fix it, it's broken!

Rate this thread