You are not logged in.

paulie

Starting Member

Tuesday, May 15th 2007, 6:46pm

How to disable 5 sprinklers for new patio

I have a small backyard w/ 2 watering zones currently. We are adding
500 sq ft of patio, and need to remove 5 or 6 sprinklers which come equally from both zones(3 each). I'd like to just cap each one off where the EZ hose connects at the elbow under the sprinkler head, or if necessary I can dig a bit more and cap at the PVC. The remaining sprinklers will easily handle our watering needs once the patio is poured.

Is there any problem w/ doing this as opposed to hiring someone to relocate all the lines away from the patio?? It seems like a waste of time and money to do any more than uncover and cap. Any suggestions would be appreciated....

lush96

Advanced Member

Tuesday, May 15th 2007, 7:45pm

just make sure you cap the line before it goes under where the patio is going to be. you do not want to have lines underneath the patio if it can be avoided. capped heads or lines under a patio could possibly leak in the future. also if you just cap the line with no heads on it at all, you run the risk of the line freezing over the winter because there will be no way to blow out the line. just make sure you have at least one head at the end of the line so you can blow it out. you should really consider cutting the line before the patio and installing new heads around the edges of it too. but whatever you do, do not leave pipe under the patio with caps in it , and no way to blow out the entire line.

Rate this thread