You are not logged in.

BiggDDave

Wednesday, May 16th 2007, 6:05am

Valve Sticks

I have Champion brass valves (Automatic) The problem I have is when #1 station is done watering it will not turn off when station #2 comes on. I will give it a little kick and it will shut off. So is there any Ideas? I am sure it is a easy fix. Thanks for any info. BiggDDave

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Wednesday, May 16th 2007, 1:23pm

Is there a flow control? Throttle it down, and the valve should behave better.

BiggDDave

Wednesday, May 16th 2007, 3:41pm

Wet Boots are you saying that my water pressure might be to high. My pressure might be around 120 pounds which i know is high for the house. What should the pressure be for a water system?

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Thursday, May 17th 2007, 2:55am

Any zone valve with a flow control will close more reliably if the flow control is partially throttled down. It's just like a carburetor idle screw - throttle down the flow control until it actually reduces the zone's performance, then back it out about half a turn.

HooKooDooKu

Supreme Member

Thursday, May 17th 2007, 5:32am

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by BiggDDave</i>
<br />Wet Boots are you saying that my water pressure might be to high. My pressure might be around 120 pounds which i know is high for the house. What should the pressure be for a water system?
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

When I was doing research for building my irrigation system, it seemed like the general recomendation was that a pressure regulator be installed if the pressure was above 80psi or so.

Rate this thread