You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

BiggDDave

Wednesday, May 16th 2007, 6:05am

Valve Sticks

I have Champion brass valves (Automatic) The problem I have is when #1 station is done watering it will not turn off when station #2 comes on. I will give it a little kick and it will shut off. So is there any Ideas? I am sure it is a easy fix. Thanks for any info. BiggDDave

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Wednesday, May 16th 2007, 1:23pm

Is there a flow control? Throttle it down, and the valve should behave better.

BiggDDave

Wednesday, May 16th 2007, 3:41pm

Wet Boots are you saying that my water pressure might be to high. My pressure might be around 120 pounds which i know is high for the house. What should the pressure be for a water system?

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Thursday, May 17th 2007, 2:55am

Any zone valve with a flow control will close more reliably if the flow control is partially throttled down. It's just like a carburetor idle screw - throttle down the flow control until it actually reduces the zone's performance, then back it out about half a turn.

HooKooDooKu

Supreme Member

Thursday, May 17th 2007, 5:32am

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by BiggDDave</i>
<br />Wet Boots are you saying that my water pressure might be to high. My pressure might be around 120 pounds which i know is high for the house. What should the pressure be for a water system?
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

When I was doing research for building my irrigation system, it seemed like the general recomendation was that a pressure regulator be installed if the pressure was above 80psi or so.

Rate this thread