You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

RUDYBUCA

Starting Member

Friday, May 18th 2007, 10:48am

OLDER SYSTEM

I PURCHASED A HOME W/ AN EXISTING TORO SYSTEM, (MIST O MATIC) I WAS TOLD THAT IT IS A HYDROLIC SYSTEM. IS HAS 4 SMALL TUBES THAT RUN INTO THE CONTROLER WHICH SUPPLY WATER. I HAVE 4 ZONES AND 22 HEADS. I HAD THE SYSTEM OPERATING BUT I CAN NOT SWITCH ZONES FROM THE CONTROLER ONCE IT STARTS. IS THERE A SOURCE TO PURCHASE A REPLACEMENT FOR THIS OLDER CONTROLER? I HAD A SERVICE CO IN AND THEY SAID THAT IF I DON'T STAY WITH THE OLD EXISTING SYSTEM, I WOULD NEED TO FREPLACE THE WHOLE SYSTEM LINES HEADS ETC. PLEASE HELP.

RUDY
RUDY

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Friday, May 18th 2007, 1:15pm

Maybe a thousand dollars could be spent, if you have a very-old hydraulic system that needs updated. Odds are you don't have proper backflow prevention, which can be costly. New controller and new valves would also be in order. Ka-ching!!

SprinklerGuy

Supreme Member

Friday, May 18th 2007, 1:20pm

A buddy of mine can make a solid state controller work with this system...contact him at:

602-992-3274 Bill Painter

You can visit the site that talks about this at:

http://www.members.cox.net/tismaz/hermie.htm
Sprinkler Solutions, Inc.
Arizona and Colorado
www.sprinklersolutions.net

rainmanmn

Starting Member

Tuesday, May 29th 2007, 5:08pm

What kind of controller do you have? I would bet that your pegs in the back of the controller have been tweaked and you need to reset the adjustment bars on the controller. It happens all the time with the old Hydraulic systems. I actually like working on them, as its just something a little different. Good luck.

Those Hermies look great....I might have to try a few of those out.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Wednesday, May 30th 2007, 2:50am

I never see a hydraulic system that has proper backflow protection, so clock repairs or valve converters aren't sufficient to bring them up to date.

Rate this thread