You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

paul L

Monday, May 28th 2007, 2:56pm

leaking heads

I have two leaking heads in the lawn from the same 3/4 brass champion valve. I read that the problem was probably the diapharagm so I bought a rebuild kit and replaced the diaphragm,seat and o-ring on the solenoid and the leaks are still there. Any advice?

mrfixit

Monday, May 28th 2007, 6:52pm

Number one verify you rebuilt the correct valve. Even the best goof once in a while. On the old seat washer were there grains of sand embedded or were there pits? If you have sand or debris in the manifold and didn't flush it the new seat washer may already have pits in it. Sometimes the brass seat itself is a little rough and will let water seep through. I take some medium grit emery cloth to clean the seat. That works very well. On a rare occasion it can be the solenoid plunger. Very rare in fact. Good luck!
If I can't fix it, it's broken!

paul L

Tuesday, May 29th 2007, 4:28pm

I tried the emory cloth and it all looks fine but there is still a small leak from two heads. I guess i will replacle the whole valve assembly?

Tom

Supreme Member

Wednesday, May 30th 2007, 3:40am

are the heads downhill from the valve?, possibly low head drainage?

paul L

Thursday, May 31st 2007, 3:19pm

one head is lower than the other, but what is strange is that when I lift out the spray tube of the lower head there is not enough leakage to come up to the top, plus only these two heads are leaking. A true sprinkler mystery. BTW what is low sprinkler drainage. thanks paul

Rate this thread