You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

perossi

Starting Member

Tuesday, May 29th 2007, 7:02am

Febco 765 installation

The Febco 765 comes with two ball values (inlet and outlet) threaded directly onto the inlet and outlet ports of the PVB. Because of the existing plumbing situation, I would like to locate the OUTLET ball value downstream about 10 inches from the PVB. That is, I will have an adapter and 10 inches of pipe (with an elbow) attached to the outlet port on the PVB and then the ball valve. The only change I can see here is that in my proposed configuration is that the outlet ball valve is below the PVB, while the standard (out of the box) situation has the outlet ball value directly attached to the PVB.

I can't see anything wrong with this set-up but I wanted to check before I start cutting and sweating pipe.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Tuesday, May 29th 2007, 8:39am

The answer might be location-specific. It's the PVB unit itself, not including the ball valves, that passes the essential requirements of the various agencies like ASSE and AWWA. The state of California might think differently.

Rate this thread