You are not logged in.

drpete3

Supreme Member

Sunday, February 2nd 2003, 10:52am

more gpm

I want more gallons per minute. I have a submersible pump that provides 12 gpm at 40 psi. I wish it was closer to 20 gpm. What are my options?

Thanks,

Pete

RVLI

Supreme Member

Sunday, February 2nd 2003, 11:43am

Depending on the capacity of your well, probably the only way you could get more GPM is to get a bigger pump. Booster pumps, really only increase your PSI.

drpete3

Supreme Member

Sunday, February 2nd 2003, 3:34pm

How difficult is it to replace a sbumersible pump? Mine is at about 60 ft. Can a home owner do this project or do I need a well guy? Where can I find info on the process of replacing the pump?

Thanks,

Pete

RVLI

Supreme Member

Sunday, February 2nd 2003, 4:16pm

I would suggest for you to call in a Pro to put in a new pump. But before you do anything, get professional advice from a well digging company on how to get more GPM.

nestors

Advanced Member

Wednesday, February 26th 2003, 11:33am

Or you can use less Heads per Zone .

vincent nestor
Vincent Nestor
Nestor's Sprinklers & Lighting
Alpharetta,Ga.30022

vpn1@bellsouth.net

www.NestorsLandScape.com
www.GeorgiaLighting.net

drpete3

Supreme Member

Wednesday, April 7th 2004, 8:05am

Has anyone used a booster pump on a well with an existing submersible pump?
Thanks,

Pete

drpete3

Supreme Member

Thursday, June 30th 2005, 4:24am

I want to reopen this topic to see if anyone who is new to the forum can better answer my questions.
Thanks,

Pete

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Thursday, June 30th 2005, 7:29am

Replacing a deep well submersible pump with a larger size shouldn't be done unless you know there is more water available to be pumped from the well. Depending where you live, this is an unknown that can cause you trouble.

Also, in many states, replacing a pump is a project that can bring with it a need to upgrade the physical pump setup. In order to increase protection for the water supply, any pump that is not already located in a casing that extends above the ground would have the casing extended so it does so.

The nice thing about having a well is that the water cost less than city water, and you can run the well as long as it takes to deliver the needed water. That existing pump might handle an acre of lawn.

As for a booster, forget it. Save the money to upgrade the existing pump. You can google up some how-to pages, if you really want to try it yourself. (not really recommended, and possibly illegal in some states)

Rate this thread