You are not logged in.

ovalwindr

Starting Member

Thursday, May 31st 2007, 7:00am

best replacements

Our house is on 2.6 acres of which most is lawn. This system is one that I designed. Our water comes from a canal through 6" pipe 430 feet away to a sump at the corner of our property. The pump is a cornell 5hp, 140 gmp and a average of 60 to 80 psi pending on which station. It is filtered thru a clemons m80, a clemons sand trap, and finally a fine screen 50 mesh filter, all of which are on timers before the system starts up. We have 12 station, 8 which are 5000 plus (66), 1 which was 25 2500 rainbirds, they didn't even make it past there warranty before they were replaced with mp rotators, and the other 3 stations (42) are mp rotators. The 2500 would just get to where they would quit, and now the 5000 are starting to fail to. The filter in the bottom of the rotors is clean, but they have just started to quit turning, go out and turn it and some will come back to life and some don't, This system was installed in 2004 with everything from sprinkler warehouse. So what is going to be a better rotor to out last the rainbird? The canal we pump out of is silty, but with all filtering, why would they start failing? Jeff Robins.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Sunday, June 3rd 2007, 12:20pm

Can you filter the water any more? I've seen even 100 mesh filtering not remove the silt that could affect gear drive operation. Think of it. Gear drive sprinklers have a small stainless steel 'impeller shaft' spinning in a plastic sleeve. All very light-weight, and not difficult to jam. They'd really be happier with city water.

For silty water, the old standby remains the impact head. Clunky and primitive. Indifferent to water supply.

gregory1420

Advanced Member

Sunday, June 3rd 2007, 5:23pm

i would suggest more filters then..

Rate this thread