You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

mrjaw53

Starting Member

Saturday, June 2nd 2007, 11:19am

Low Angle Nozzle

What determines whether I should be ordering (using) a low angle nozzle versus a regular angle nozzle for a Hunter Rotor?

SprinklerGuy

Supreme Member

Monday, June 4th 2007, 3:18am

Wind.....low hanging tree branches.....
Sprinkler Solutions, Inc.
Arizona and Colorado
www.sprinklersolutions.net

djcloud

Friday, September 21st 2007, 5:13am

I am new to this so I hope this is the right place. I need a low angle nozzle to spray water across a dirt road where our haul trucks run. The sprinkler I am currently using sprays too high and hits them in the window forcing them to keep their windows up. The water spray needs to shoot far enough to cover both lanes of traffic at a low angle. What do you recommend?

jimmyburg

Advanced Member

Friday, September 21st 2007, 9:02am

are you using rotors or pop-ups?
If using fixed sprays try mp rotors
If using rotors use the blue nozzels,the srpay at a lower pattern but you will still have to adjust the arch a little depending on your flow pressure.
Jimmy
Texas Lic. Irrigator
Landscape Irrigation Auditing & Management
Texas Lic. Backflow Tester

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Friday, September 21st 2007, 1:34pm

If you're doing a lot of hauling on a dirt road, you might look into an old-fashioned water truck. A number of construction roads are just too wide to effectively sprinkle.

djcloud

Monday, September 24th 2007, 1:01am

Thank you for the responses. We do use fixed heads on our sprinklers. Where can I learn about mp rotors?

jimmyburg

Advanced Member

Monday, September 24th 2007, 3:29am

you can find them here - http://www.mprotator.com/
Jimmy
Texas Lic. Irrigator
Landscape Irrigation Auditing & Management
Texas Lic. Backflow Tester

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Wednesday, September 26th 2007, 2:11am

One could avoid water in the vehicle windows by using tall risers for the sprinkler heads.

Rate this thread