You are not logged in.

Flustered

Unregistered

Thursday, June 19th 2008, 11:52am

1 zone does not respond

Hello Mr. Fixit,

Thanks for helping me out with the zone constantly running. It is fixed. Now I have 1 of my zones not responding. Which is funny because when I was testing all of the zones it did work. Now that I have all of the zones connected back it is not working. What could be the problem?

mrfixit

Thursday, June 19th 2008, 9:52pm

Problem

Did you do any work on the valve that wont come on now? Like change the bonnet, ( top half of valve ). There are a few possible reasons why your valve wont come on. Check the wire connections. One wire might be broken without you knowing it. I have a few ideas but I'd like to know if you did any work to that valve first.
If I can't fix it, it's broken!

sp0

Starting Member

Sunday, July 13th 2014, 12:20am

sprinkler always on in 1 zone

I have the same problem.

Sprinkler is always on in 1 zone.

I tried to change the solenoid, no help
I tried cleaning the upper part of the valve, still no use.
I tried buying a different Jar top valve and replace the top part of my sprinkler valve with the new valve attachments

Still, i have the zone 1 always water will be on, when i turn the water valve on.

Due to this i am not able to use the water system on a timer, i need to manually turn the water on and off.
:(

mrfixit

Sunday, July 13th 2014, 4:27pm

Are you 100% sure you swapped out parts on the correct valve?

Is the zone a drip or a low flow zone?

What model valve is it?

Take the valve back apart and make sure everything's in there. Is there a spring? A seat guide?

Turn the flow control down lower and see if it shuts off.

I doubt this is it because you fiddled with the wiring but does the valve shut off when you disconnect the wire?

If you can't figure It and it's the correct valve maybe reassemble the valve you bought and install it.

irrigirl

Unregistered

Tuesday, July 15th 2014, 3:43pm

valve

What positions are your parts in? And what model is it? Make sure your bleed lever is in the off position?? Have you tried moving wires around on the board to see if it will shut off in a different terminal? It's possible that you have a fried board terminal...
Flow control-ON
Bleed lever-OFF
Bleed screw-Closed

Rate this thread