You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Guidance

Thursday, June 7th 2007, 1:17pm

Backflow Device

I have a 4 station system at this time which I'm currently running via ball valves. everything is 3/4 sch 40 pipe.

I've never measured the pressure but it'll power 5 big heads at once if I wish.

I'll hook up an automatic system later as well.

I'll probably add in the drip that's already in polypipe around the yard.

this is a residential set-up in Texas where I'm not too concerned with freezing. I get 29 deg for a few days only.

which <i><b>back-up device </b></i>will fit my needs best? and which of these two has less problems?

the Febco 765 for $66
or should I get the 850 for $10 more.
or the Wilkins 720? $62
Is it ok to use the <i><b>1 " vs the 3/4"</b></i> ?

Thanks[8D]

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Thursday, June 7th 2007, 4:32pm

If the elevation requirements can be met, a PVB is what I'd be recommending, and a Wilkins 720 is more durable than a Febco.

Guidance

Thursday, June 7th 2007, 5:17pm

Wet!

Pretty much flat land...

What if I want to bring a drip into this? should I use its own ball valve to tweak it for now?

I'll have 3 ball valves for the sprinkler heads and a drip valve for small trees and the wifes flowers

<i><b>Is the Wilkins 1" ok all of my pipe is 3/4 sch 40 in the ground?</b></i>

All will go to auto later...

please advise

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Friday, June 8th 2007, 2:48am

1 inch is no problem - anything downstream will be protected

Guidance

Friday, June 8th 2007, 5:03pm

Hey Wet...

I'll take your advise and go with the Wilkins. I'm getting all the sch 40 and heads etc tweaked and I'll be ready to mount the wilkins next weekend if It comes in. I'll use the ball valves for now.

Once everything is looking good I'll move to a controller etc. later...

Thanks!

Rate this thread