You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

huntMT

Monday, June 11th 2007, 8:27am

Hunter pgp

I had a couple of questions about the Hunter PGP rotors. The ADJ version seem cheaper than the 360. I would think the ADJ would be more expensive because of the extra mechanism that makes the adjustable? Or do most people simply buy the ADJ and leave them at the 360 setting, so Hunter makes lots more ADJ's than 360's?

The site http://www.irrigationtutorials.com/sprinkler15.htm recommends avoiding nozzles sizes of less than 3.2 gpm @ 30 psi for full circles. According to the Hunter PGP red nozzle chart, that means at least a #8 at 30 psi and a #7 at pressures above 45 psi.

I have also seen nozzle recommendations on these forums for smaller nozzles. Is the 3.2 gpm per nozzle a hard rule or are there other considerations?

Thanks,
--
Rob

huntMT

Monday, June 11th 2007, 8:31am

Sorry, tried to edit the post above.

The minimum recommended is 2.5 gpm, not 3.2 gpm.

The 3.2 was the minimum for 29 ft max spacing.

Thanks,
--
Rob

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Monday, June 11th 2007, 5:06pm

Full circle nozzles should have flows like you've mentioned.

huntMT

Tuesday, June 12th 2007, 8:16am

If I am using 1 inch poly for laterals, 1 inch poly has a maximum recommended flow rate of 13 gpm or less. That would mean a maximum of 5 rotors at 2.5 gpm or 4 rotors at 3 gpm. More rotors would require going to either 1.25 poly or 1 inch Class 200 PVC.

So if I want to use 1 inch poly, I need to check what pressure I have at 13 gpm or find gallons per minute at 50 psi. Both of these should be fairly simple to determine with a Tee, a pressure gauge, a ball valve and a bucket.

Thanks,

--
Rob

Rate this thread