You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

tywebb

Wednesday, June 20th 2007, 5:09pm

irratrol brass valves

I just replace the diaphrams and solenoids on 4 1" Brass valves. I can't get them to start.Wiring them back up wrong could be it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. TIA[:)]
Thanks

mrfixit

Thursday, June 21st 2007, 1:22am

Each solenoid has two wires. One wire from each solenoid is the common wire. It's called the common wire because you hook them all together. One wire from each valve. It's usually the white wire. --- Then the other wire on each solenoid has a wire all its own. They're usually a different color for each but not always. -- I'm going to throw this next bit out just because I've seen it done on a few occasions. This actually happened on Thanksgiving one year. I went out and turned his water back on because he'd forgotten he'd turned it off while making a repair. So make sure you have water at the valves. Come back if you don't figure it. Could be a blown fuse on the timer. Good luck!
If I can't fix it, it's broken!

tywebb

Thursday, June 21st 2007, 4:24pm

I have water to the valves. That being said I also have a set of three Rain Birds on the other side of the drive way that are shot. Im starting tro think they control the 4 brass valves on the other side if that's possible. The wiring looks correct and there is water to the vavles. The timer has stations listed for A1,A2,A3 but I have 9 timers. Also on of the Brass valves started leaking from the whole below the solenoid. Arrg
Thanks

Rate this thread