You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

jryan51

Monday, June 25th 2007, 9:59am

Hunter PGV and Accu-Set

Hi all,

First, thanks for all the great insight from the posters.

I reviewed countless posts that have enabled me to make design decisions much easier and hopefully more intelligently.

I purchased the Hunter PGV 101 MB valves (1 inch) and the Hunter Accu-Set pressure regulators from the forum sponsor. They are shown as being compatible on the website.

While attempting to put the Accu-Set into the valve as per included instructions it was apparent that it wouldn't work. After going into Hunter's details it looks like it is only compatible with 1 1/2" and larger.

I'm just looking for a confirmation that they are not compatible or is it possible/advisable to take apart the valve, remove the flow control and then screw in the Accu-Set and reassemble. I'd really like the flexibility of the Accu-Set if possible.

The Accu-set will not thread in as the flow control is in the way.

Thanks,

mrfixit

Friday, June 29th 2007, 7:12am

Hi, you got me curious so I did some reading. I have two accu-sets here in my office. Been there for years. It's not clear from your post if you've actually installed the valves yet or are trying to put the accu-sets onto the valves before installation. -- You're correct, the accu-set isn't designed for the 1" PGV valves. I was thinking if you haven't installed them yet you could exchange them for ICV valves which the 1" is compatible to the accu-set. To answer your question though, I don't see why it wouldn't work. If you can take off the flow control and and there's "room" to install the accu-set then put the flow control back on. I bet it would regulate the pressure. I wouldn't count on it fitting though. I'm curious to see how it turns out. Good luck!--
-
One more thing, I was wondering where exactly on the site is shows the PGV being compatible with the accu-set? I can't seem to find it.
I can only find where it says compatible with the ICV.
If I can't fix it, it's broken!

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Saturday, June 30th 2007, 9:22am

(PGV valves larger thsn one inch might be compatible with the regulator)

jryan51

Monday, July 2nd 2007, 9:39am

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by mrfixit</i>
<br />
-
One more thing, I was wondering where exactly on the site is shows the PGV being compatible with the accu-set? I can't seem to find it.
I can only find where it says compatible with the ICV.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

This is the linke for the PGV referencing 1" valves...at the bottom it has the Accu-Set as being compatibable.

http://www.sprinklerwarehouse.com/PGV-Male-Thread-x-Barb-Valve-w-flow-control-p/pgv-101mb.htm

I thought about the ICV but that is a good step up in dollars. I did a little more research and was told that even the 1" ICV wouldn't be any good for my design (high pressure/low flow) (114# static and about 8-9 gpm). I was told that even the 1" ICV may not perform optimally given that. I redesinged and went with a mainline regulator and some inlines to step the drip down. So much fun [xx(]

jryan51

Monday, July 2nd 2007, 9:43am

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Wet_Boots</i>
<br />(PGV valves larger thsn one inch might be compatible with the regulator)
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Yup. 1 1/2 inch and up. There was no way it was going to work...had to download the manual from Hunter's website and get into the details before that was confirmed. I'm bummed....I'm behind schedule by a week now waiting for new parts plus the hassle of returning old....

It would have been nice to have that individual control.[:(]

Rate this thread