You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

tgrimland

Monday, June 25th 2007, 7:43pm

Low Pressure

I have only 25 PSI at the faucet and can only fill 5 gallons a minute. Is there a snowballs chance of having a functioning sprinkler system?

Thanks for the input!!

mrfixit

Monday, June 25th 2007, 10:11pm

You could always use a booster pump.
If I can't fix it, it's broken!

tgrimland

Tuesday, June 26th 2007, 7:23pm

That would be ok if it was just me that would be impacted. I live in an area that is gravity fed from a cistern that feeds 14 homes. If I use a pump, I think I would pull the water past the other homes. Are there sprinkler heads that can take this low pressure, or is there a way to arrange the system to handle this???

Thanks

mrfixit

Tuesday, June 26th 2007, 11:55pm

So what you're saying is that all 14 homes don't have a sprinkler system. For if someone did then you'd know it's possible. I doubt a booster pump would rob them of the water they need. Maybe get the neighbors to chip in and boost the pressure to all 14 homes.
Seems to me you have enough flow to make something work. I'd rather have low pressure with good flow than high pressure and minimal flow.
I worked on a system on Monday. 80 pds pressure but couldn't run 6
1800 series Rainbird pop ups with 15H nozzles. Good luck!
If I can't fix it, it's broken!

Rate this thread