You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Tuesday, June 26th 2007, 9:16am

House psi = 80 before regulator / 45 after reg

Hey guys, I'm trying to finalize my plan for my system..

My house is 150 feet from the street. I initially planned on connecting to the main supply line near the water meter, but doing so will be a large hassle compared to connecting up by the house, since I would have to go underneath my driveway and also along the path of numerous other utility lines.

My psi at the house is 80 before the pressure regulator in the crawlspace and 45-50 after.

The meter to house run is 1" pvc.
The point of entry in the crawlspace is a 3/4" copper

The easiest way I can find to connect at the house is a hose bib which is right next to the point of entry which would leave me with only a small length of pipe under the house.

If I do that I would be left with:
150' of 1" pvc
10' of 3/4" copper
5' of 1"pvc (ends at bib)

This doesn't sound like to bad of an option to me since I'm not really jumping down to much in size like the other bibs which are run via 1/2" copper.

Any tips here? I'll be testing flow today.

HooKooDooKu

Supreme Member

Wednesday, June 27th 2007, 4:30am

When designing a plumbing system (house, irrigation, etc), it is desired that water speed be a maximum of 5 feet per second. Based on that principle, the 3/4" copper would limit your flow to 6GPM, and would have to account for water usage within the house.

You will give yourself more capacity by finding a way to tie into the 1" PVC somewhere between the driveway and the house.

Wednesday, June 27th 2007, 4:39am

Thanks for the response. I'll grab the shovel :)

Rate this thread