You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

familyguy

Friday, July 6th 2007, 3:51am

pipe size

My neighbor had his system just installed and I noticed they used 1" pvc all throughout the system. To the valves as well as to the heads with a 1/2 inch transition to connect the heads. Like me, he has well and septic system. They ran a 3/4" copper to the outside from where the whole system is 1" PVC.
I have 1" PVC from well pump to the pressure tank, from here it's 3/4" to the house. I imagine his is same since it's the same house type, etc. I'm getting 40 psi at the tank with about 8 gpm. Will the system function any better or worse using his 1" method versus using 3/4" pvc for laterals? How will this sizing affect the pressure? Any imput appreciated.

HooKooDooKu

Supreme Member

Saturday, July 7th 2007, 3:09am

Smaller pipe equates to more pressure loss as water flows through it.

With a starting pressure of 40 psi, you are already starting on the lower end of things to design a system.

Try reading over www.irrigationtutorials.com

Rate this thread