You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Squidward

Sunday, July 8th 2007, 9:25am

Rotor Replacements for RainBird Minipaws

Sorry to bring this topic up again, but I just can't get clarification and assistance from RainBird.

I'd like to replace the Minipaws. RainBird made the 5000 but they have apparently been replaced by something else--72SA or whatever. But as far as I can find out--even from the "experts" at RainBird--they don't really claim that any of their rotors is a retrofit for the Minipaws or Maxipaws. And they don't even offer the spacer ring to cover the space between the rotor and the canister, so you can't just change out the head with a 5000, 72SA or anything. Am I missing something here?? I can't get any help from them on this. You'd think it was a novel idea.

Hunter's PGP-ATR is an exact replacement that others on this list have recommended. It is includes the spacer. This is great, and believe me if I could find these PGP-ATRs locally I would have done it. But I can't. And I really want to use something I can find parts for here--Rainbird, Orbit, Toro, basically.

Am I missing something, or is RainBird really this stupid?

Thanks. Gary

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Monday, July 9th 2007, 12:41am

Nothing exactly replaces a Minipaw, except for a Maxipaw. All rotors are not created equal. What replaces a Minipaw depends on system layout and head pressure. Care to supply those details?

Rate this thread