You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Squidward

Wednesday, July 11th 2007, 1:57am

locate poly pipe ends, extend lines

A few years ago, the city excavated about 30 feet into everyone's yard for sewer and water. For many of us, this meant cutting off and removing the end runs of our sprinkler systems. This area is now lawn and garden. I need to locate the cut ends, splice the poly, and replace the lines, fittings, and heads.

2 of my zones were cut off; the first zone had poly, a T, and 3 heads; the other zone had a line and 1 head.

Any tricks for probing to locate the cut ends? I do have measurements but expect some hunting will be involved.

I'd like to do all of this with the least disruption of the lawn and foolproof splices.

The new trenches will be about 120 feet total; should I try to rent and learn to operate a puller, or just hand dig the new trenches?

How do I make the best splices, and how far in from the street should the new heads be?

Many thanks, Gary

Squidward

Wednesday, July 11th 2007, 5:09am

I haven't installed any rotors, yet, but it appears they don't spray around their base the way impacts do; if so, don't you have to set these deeper into the corners than impacts? Making them less appropriate for along streets and driveways?

Thanks, Gary

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Wednesday, July 11th 2007, 12:37pm

Only impact heads splash like impact heads. Modern practice has streetside heads close enough to each other that each one can spray to the next head over. That eliminates the need to set heads tight to corners or curbs.

Rate this thread