You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Thursday, July 12th 2007, 3:55pm

compressor for wintering

Can someone tell me where one can find a compressor that can put out 80 to 100 cfm? I was looking online and could not find any compessors that came close to putting that out, and these were some pretty big compressors with a big price tag..I guess the average guy can not do this himself or can he.
Thank you in advance for your help..

Calabrese

SprinklerGuy

Supreme Member

Thursday, July 12th 2007, 11:25pm

I doubt you will find the compressor you are looking for the traditional way...you will need to speak with some heavy equipment companies....Ingersol Rand....etc.

I think it is well worth paying the $60-$80 per year to have it done professionaly...occassionaly you will be able to find a used tow behind compressor that will suit your needs for under $5000.00....but you would never need it again....seems like a no brainer to me...

Post your city/state and I will help you find a good contractor...I have a few contacts around the US....

Sprinkler Solutions, Inc.
Arizona and Colorado
www.sprinklersolutions.net

Friday, July 13th 2007, 6:48am

Thank you for your response, it is a no brainer to pay the $60-80 per year...I have a contractor in mind but would like to get a few more good people if you know any in my area..
I live in Edison, New Jersey.
Thanks for your help and have a nice weekend!!!!!

calabrese

drpete3

Supreme Member

Tuesday, July 17th 2007, 5:53am

I use my little pancake compressor (probably 3 cfm)and it has worked fine for years. My system is about 1.5 acres and I live where it gets -30F. You dont need a compressor like the one you are looking for.
Thanks,

Pete

Rate this thread