You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

blemert

Thursday, July 19th 2007, 1:31am

Funny pipe connection/hose clamps?

****o all, first post, I am designing and installing my own underground system. I have put together most of my fittings already but have a couple of minor questions that someone here might have the answer to. I plan on using funny pipe to connect my rotors and sprays to my main lines, but for the connections that are at the end of my main runs I cannot seem to find reducers or funny pipe connectors that allow me to connect to my main line. I am using 1" poly on some and 3.4 poly on other, but I need a barb type reducers on one end, and a funny pipe connection on the other... make sense? I am using the inline "t's" in other areas, but cannot figure out what to do at the end. I like the flexability of funny pipe so I would like to stick with that.

Also, I don't use hose clamps on funny pipe right? ... thanks all!

Brian

SprinklerGuy

Supreme Member

Friday, July 20th 2007, 12:52am

Most of us don't use clamps...

they make that barbed fitting.....you may need to go to an actual supply house in your area to get it.....not HD or Lowes...
Sprinkler Solutions, Inc.
Arizona and Colorado
www.sprinklersolutions.net

blemert

Friday, July 20th 2007, 11:31am

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by SprinklerGuy</i>
<br />Most of us don't use clamps...

they make that barbed fitting.....you may need to go to an actual supply house in your area to get it.....not HD or Lowes...
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Funny Sprinklerwarehouse doesn't carry it?!

Brian

blemert

Friday, July 20th 2007, 4:20pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by mrfixit</i>
<br />Maybe you should try saying thank you instead of slamming a site you're asking for help from.

Huh!? Weird... I'm not "slamming" anyone. Please re-read my first post thanks were given. How would one go about making that connection using funny pipe if you don't use a 1" or 3/4" barb to funny pipe reduction fitting? ... thanks!

Brian

blemert

Friday, July 20th 2007, 4:20pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by mrfixit</i>
<br />Maybe you should try saying thank you instead of slamming a site you're asking for help from.

Huh!? Weird... I'm not "slamming" anyone. Please re-read my first post thanks were given. How would one go about making that connection using funny pipe if you don't use a 1" or 3/4" barb to funny pipe reduction fitting? ... thanks!

Brian

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Friday, July 20th 2007, 8:18pm

Use what everyone else has done before. An insert x FPT elbow fitting, plus a swing-pipe x MPT elbow.

blemert

Saturday, July 21st 2007, 1:56am

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Wet_Boots</i>
<br />Use what everyone else has done before. An insert x FPT elbow fitting, plus a swing-pipe x MPT elbow.

I did not think of going elbow to elbow, after going through the fittings selection I see what you are talking about, and it looks like it will work... however on the insert x fpt fittings it lists them as "red fpt", what in the world does "red" mean - will a standard mpt thread into that? Thanks again!

Brian

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Saturday, July 21st 2007, 5:54am

red = reduced (the FPT size is smaller than the insert size)

blemert

Saturday, July 21st 2007, 9:10am

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Wet_Boots</i>
<br />red = reduced (the FPT size is smaller than the insert size)
Wet Boots... thank you, I got my answer!

Brian

Rate this thread