You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Keith Freeman

Starting Member

Monday, February 17th 2003, 2:43am

Timer/One Zone

First time to this forum...Does anyone know of a timer that has only ON/OFF with only one (1) zone. I will only be controlling (1) valve.

Thanks, Keith

Bob

Monday, February 17th 2003, 3:35am

Keith;

Sorry I don't -- but how large a field are you going to be irrigating with one zone? Before having my six zone system installed, I ran four zones off a single manifold at an external bib with a simple in hose-line type timer as well as a manual off-on capability. It was cheap and worked quite well with up to five sprinkler heads on each zone. Then I got rich and lazy.... :)

Bob

RVLI

Supreme Member

Monday, February 17th 2003, 2:41pm

http://www.rainbird.com/landscape/products/controllers/easyrain.htm

Battery Operated, and already comes wired to a soleniod.

nestors

Advanced Member

Wednesday, February 26th 2003, 11:15am

I would just put a 4 zone clock in and use one zone .
Hunter SRC
Hunter Pro-C
Rain Bird ESP
Rain Bird RCB

vincent nestor
Vincent Nestor
Nestor's Sprinklers & Lighting
Alpharetta,Ga.30022

vpn1@bellsouth.net

www.NestorsLandScape.com
www.GeorgiaLighting.net

Rays Sprinklers

Supreme Member

Monday, May 12th 2003, 8:43am

Hello,
Yes there is a one zone controller, but not for inside installations, these are known as the Hunter SVC, they attach to the soloniod directly and operate from there. There are many down sides for these though, like 1. they cost about 80.00, 2. they are located outside in the Pit (valve) box 3. You cannot hook up a rainsensor, 4. They only work with Hunter Valves. I would buy a Hunter SRC controller (6 stations is the minium) which is a awesome controller for less price, and just hook up the one zone to there, and then you will have more circuits for further expansion. Hope that helped

Ray
Rays above and beyond Automatic Lawn Sprinlers

Raymond Padula Jr.
Thanks
Ray
Rays Above and Beyond Automatic Lawn Sprinklers

Rays Sprinklers

Supreme Member

Monday, May 12th 2003, 8:47am

<b></b>Hello,
There is a controller that will operate a 1 zone system known as The Hunter SVC controller. There are many downsides to using this though.....
1. Located outside in the valve box
2. Costs about 80.00
3. You cannot shut the system down from the confort of your home
4. There is no room for future expansion

I would use The Hunter SRC 6 station controller (6 is the smallest) and work from there. The SRC 600 will cost less than the one zone and it also leaves you with future expansion capabilities

Ray Padula
Rays Above and Beyond Automatic LAwn Sprinklers
Thanks
Ray
Rays Above and Beyond Automatic Lawn Sprinklers

Joseph L. Swinehart

Wednesday, November 5th 2003, 10:53am

I have also used the Hunter SVC on a Rainbird valve but used a 9 volt soleniod, this does open up options.

As stated earlier, if you can run the wire a 4 zone timer might be the best way to go but for a single station no wires, Hunter SVC.

Joe S.

SprinklerGuy

Supreme Member

Thursday, November 6th 2003, 3:59am

One zone timer called a Batrow.

Uses motors and dials much like old Imperial timer only much better and more reliable. 2 week calendar wheel...uses pins...pin in means no water...pin out means water on that day.

Giant 24 hour wheel for turning water on that also uses pins. Each pin in a hole means 15 minutes of watering time....there are holes for every 15 minute increment for the 24 hour period of a day.

Downside: You have to water for 15 minutes..nothing less. Or 30 minutes...in increments of 15 minutes....nothing in between. We use them for drip systems only usually.

Good luck.
Sprinkler Solutions, Inc.
Arizona and Colorado
www.sprinklersolutions.net

rgrossman

Starting Member

Wednesday, July 7th 2004, 12:51pm

Bob,
I am still not rich and lazy like you[8D], so if you don't mind, would you elaborate on what I would need to duplicate your original "cheap" hose-bib setup? I want to upgrade eventually with a bells and whistles, but for now I like the idea of starting cheap.

Thanks,

Ryan
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Bob</i>
<br />Keith;

Sorry I don't -- but how large a field are you going to be irrigating with one zone? Before having my six zone system installed, I ran four zones off a single manifold at an external bib with a simple in hose-line type timer as well as a manual off-on capability. It was cheap and worked quite well with up to five sprinkler heads on each zone. Then I got rich and lazy.... :)

Bob

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

nestors

Advanced Member

Thursday, December 9th 2004, 8:20am

I would just put a 4 zone clock in, and use one zone .
Hunter SRC
Hunter Pro-C
Rain Bird ESP
Rain Bird RCB

Nestor's Sprinklers and Lighting
Alpharetta,Ga
Vincent Nestor
Nestor's Sprinklers & Lighting
Alpharetta,Ga.30022

vpn1@bellsouth.net

www.NestorsLandScape.com
www.GeorgiaLighting.net