You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

mmarke

Starting Member

Saturday, March 8th 2003, 5:34am

winter servicing

HELP!!! I tapped a 1 inch line from the house main and it goes through the foundation wall to the back flow device (Torro) and to the 8 station manifold. My question is what hardware should I install between the back flow device and the manifold that I will use to service the system before winter?? Do I use air fittings or special PVC nipples?? How and where will the air compressor be attached to purge out the residual water?? Also what position and settings should the valves and back flow device be for the winter?? Thanks

Rays Sprinklers

Supreme Member

Monday, May 12th 2003, 12:46pm

Depends who you have winterizing your system. If a company requires a special fitting you should call them and use that otherwise a tee, with female threads, in which you can plug up during use. Make sure you have a valve to shut the water to outside off

Thanks
Ray
Rays Above and Beyond Automatic Lawn Sprinklers
Thanks
Ray
Rays Above and Beyond Automatic Lawn Sprinklers

lgnguyen

Wednesday, September 10th 2003, 6:42am

Couple of my friends and I are thinking buying an air compressor for winterize all together. The questions is:
Should we do this or have local service do it [:)]every year.
If we should do it. What kind or where we can get one. We do not know how much yet but hope not a lot.
Thanks in advance.
Long

Rate this thread