You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

jasimek

Friday, August 10th 2007, 2:52am

Rain Bird vs. Hunter-New Installation

I am currently obtaining quotes for a new sprinkler system installation on my lot that is 77X120. One contractor said that Hunter is the best. Another one said that he likes Rainbird because of their 5 year warranty. I am curious as to which is a better product. The Hunter contractor also came out and gave me a quote of $3950 which sounded a little bit high....the rainbird contractor has not come out yet, but stated that it would be somewhere around $4000. Am I wrong, or do both of these quotes seem high? Any input would be great...thanks

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Friday, August 10th 2007, 4:03am

Where are you located? That makes a difference. I buy nothing because of the warranty. It's quality that matters.

jasimek

Friday, August 10th 2007, 9:07am

i live in Plainfield, Illinois near Naperville....the rainbird installer came out to give me a demonstration of the products....price was set at $3,880 which comes with the rain sensor, and 1st year free winterization and start-up again in the spring. the hunter installer charged $125 extra for the rain sensor and gave only the winterization free the first year with a price of $3,825 +$125 for the rain sensor

jasimek

Friday, August 10th 2007, 9:35am

Here is the quote from the rainbird installer as to the number of heads and design of the system:
Rainbird 1804 Spray Heads: 15
Rainbird 1812 Spray Heads: ---
Rainbird 5004 Rotor Heads: 21
Rainbird 100DV Electric Valves: 07
Rainbird ESP-Mod Controller: 01
Rainbird Rain Sensor: 01
Design Data:

Service Line: 1”
Meter Size: 3/4”
Static Pressure: 65psi
Design Pressure: 55psi
Design Max Flow: 14gpm

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Saturday, August 11th 2007, 11:43am

Most 'brand' installers don't like to mix and match, but you might ask the Rainbird guy if he could quote for Hunter PGP heads instead of the Rainbird 5004 rotors. Better track record.

Rate this thread