You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

wingsaircharter

Friday, August 17th 2007, 4:08pm

Pump pressure

I am pumping out of the river and took some real readings now that the pump is hooked up. It is a 1988 Gould 2 hp XSH20. The pump is located about 10 feet above the water and pumps another 5 feet to the top of the hill.

I hooked 30 feet of 1.25" poly on the 1.5" that comes out of the ground which is about 50 feet horizontally from the pump. I was pumping 60 gpm with about 0 psi showing on the guage. I added a 1.25" ball type valve and 80 feet of 1" poly and the pressure went to 35 and the flow to 35gpm. I wanted to see what the "static" pressure would be so I closed the valve and the pressure in the pipe before the valve went to 0. I would have thought it would go up. Please explain what happened. As soon as the valve was opened again the pressure came back up and the water started to flow. The guauge was located off a T prior to the valve.

Will I get better pressure and flow if I move the pump down the hill? Say 5 feet off the water. It will still have to push the water to the top of the hill.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Saturday, August 18th 2007, 2:29pm

http://www.goulds.com/pdf/BHSC.pdf ~ a similar pump.

Rate this thread