You are not logged in.

tcameron

Sunday, March 23rd 2003, 3:57am

Old Double Check Valve

I have a double check valve (probably 25 years old) that is leaking from around where one of the flow control handles is seated on the valve. The nut is cracked and I cannot seem to find a proper 3/8" replacement with the correct threadcount. The only identifying marks on the double check are:
805 Ser. / 12767 Any ideas? The sprinkler head are mostly Toro and the controller was a Toro. Plumbing supply stores have not been able to resolve and I'd like to avoid replacing the entire valve assembly.

RVLI

Supreme Member

Sunday, March 23rd 2003, 5:01am

Do you know the brand?

tcameron

Sunday, March 23rd 2003, 1:16pm

Quoted

Do you know the brand?

That is the problem I'm running in to. The whole setup was buried in mud and had to be dug out. The only telltale markings on the double check were those I mentioned in the previous e-mail. I was hoping that those were enough to identify. My guess is Toro since the control box and most of the heads were Toro.

RVLI

Supreme Member

Sunday, March 23rd 2003, 4:40pm

Look at some of the double check assemblies at the Sprinkler Warehouse online store and see if yours looks somewhat identical to any of them. I don't think Toro makes double check assemblies, but they make just a pressure vaccuum breaker. You will most likely have to replace the assembly, just save money and time right now rather than having to fix it again. I would suggest you just replace it to prevent further problems. If you find what brand it is, you might be able to find the part that is missing and replace it, but I am unsure if whoever the MFG. is, if they make that model anymore, but they still might have replacement parts.

Thanks,
Alex

drpete3

Supreme Member

Thursday, March 27th 2003, 4:28am

I agree with the above comments. I would replace the whole thing. If cost is an issue maybe consider other backflow prevention methods.

Thanks,

Pete

Rate this thread