You are not logged in.

rchin

Saturday, August 18th 2007, 3:33pm

Richdel R204 in line valve

I have an old Richdel R204 in line valve. I recently replaced the diapharm and the solenoid I can not get any water into the line. I checked for power from the timer and there is power. The valve turns on manually when I open the bleed valve. I replaced the new diapharm with another new one and another new solenoid and the same no function no water problem continued. The spring and the top of the valve were lined up and screwed back without leaks from the solenoid and around the valve body. The solenoids were installed with and without the retention ring and all old o rings were replaced. Is there any way to fix the valve. I read in another post that replacing the entire guts of the valve with the Irritrol 205 may be a solution? What information can you give to help with this problem. Thanks

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Sunday, August 19th 2007, 7:14am

If properly reassembled, the R204 should work. The solenoid port fitting might be out of position, or its passageway blocked in the valve body. If all else fails, buy and install a R205, and you might learn what wasn't right with the R204.

rchin

Sunday, August 19th 2007, 3:46pm

Wet Boots:
Thanks for the info.
How does one check to see if passageway is blocked and what can I do to align the solonoid port fitting. Thanks for any additional input. Where is the best place to get a R205?

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Monday, August 20th 2007, 5:29am

http://www.sprinklerwarehouse.com/Irritrol-205-Series-Remote-Control-Valve-p/205tf.htm

Rate this thread