You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

mikegerard

Starting Member

Tuesday, March 25th 2003, 6:23am

Fertilizer Rates for EZ-Green

I'm looking at purchasing an ez-green unit and have a question about fertilizer rates.

I currently fertilize using a dry fertilizer (3 applications of 30-5-10 and 16-25-13 in the fall). To get 1 pound of N per 1000 sq ft I need to apply about 4 pounds per 1000 sq ft 4 times per year. This comes out to about 480 pounds per year for my 30,0000 sq ft lawn.

It looks like the recommended fertilizer rate for ez-green is 5 tables per 1000 sq ft each month. This comes out to about 900 tablets per year for my 30,000 sq ft lawn assuming 6 months of fertilizing. 900 tables would weigh less than 25 pounds.

Is this correct? It does not seem possible that ez-green is 20 times more potent by weight than regular fertilizer. Also, based on these numbers it would appear that the ez-green system will pay for itself within a year (less is you consider the time savings).

Thanks in advance,
Mike

RVLI

Supreme Member

Tuesday, March 25th 2003, 2:23pm

In my opinion, I would think that the device would pay for itself in just a couple of uses. I can't give you exact details, because I have never even seen one of these in my irrigation career. I still do think that it would save time, and even money in the long run, such as a year, maybe even shorter time.

Rate this thread