You are not logged in.

Peter D

Monday, August 20th 2007, 9:46am

Hunter or Rainbird

****o,

I am brand new to your forum and need advise. I have quotes from Rainbird and Hunter installers, they are fairly equal price wise roughing out at $85 to $90 per head installed, there may be a bit of negotiation room on each quote

Rainbird...11 zone 55 head, 55each 5000 rotors, 1 rainbird ESP modular controller 13 station, 11each DV100 valves, rain sensor, and Febco backflow. Total $4675 ($85 head) 5 year warranty

Hunter ... 12 station 60 head 60 each PGP rotors, 3 valve boxes, 12 Hardie valves, Mini-Clic rain sensor, Watts 1" 007 Backflow valve. total $5400, 3 year warranty.

I am simply trying to find out which manufacturer / system is better, I am not familar with these components at all...., I'd appreciate any input on which system is the best component wise.

Thanks

Lakeside

Tuesday, August 21st 2007, 2:25am

I like Rainbird products but Hunter is great too. Based on products above, go with Rainbird. If for nothing else, the price and extended warranty.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Tuesday, August 21st 2007, 2:45am

The Hunter system is better quality, and note that the quote uses another brand of valve (probably one of the Richdel designs that are an industry standard)

Peter D

Tuesday, August 21st 2007, 8:46am

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Wet_Boots</i>
<br />The Hunter system is better quality, and note that the quote uses another brand of valve (probably one of the Richdel designs that are an industry standard)
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Thanks for the feedback, as noted I'm absolutely a novice, this is my first sprinkler system.

1...I dont understand the "Richdel" design, I'm assumng its a sprinkler professional renouned for a design?? Is this good?
2...Are the Hardie 2400 valves better than the Hunter valves and better than the Rainbird DV100 valves?? If "Richdel" is good and the Hardie valves are better than Hunter and Rainbird valves, then this (the Hunter quote) is a good system...
3...Are the Hunter PGP rotators better than the "Rainbird 5000" series?

Please advise... all help is appreciated as I'm trying to decide who to go with and am opting towards quality vs the cheapest price.

Thanks.......

Admin

Administrator

Tuesday, August 21st 2007, 11:30am

You can not go wrong with either brand. Hunter is very focused on providing quality irrigation products, but Rain Bird is a very good brand also.

If you truely want a very good Sprinkler System I suggest you request the following products:

<b><u>Hunter:</u></b>
ICC-800pl or PC-300i <b>Modular Controller</b>
Rain-Clik <b>Rain Sensor</b>
I-20 or PGP-Adj <b>Rotors</b>
Pros-04 (for lawn area) and Pros-12 (for flowerbeds) <b>Pop-Up Spray Heads</b>
HPV-100G or PGV-100G <b>Valves</b>
Hunter Pre-made Swing Joints to connect all heads to underground piping
Febco or Watts 1" <b>Backflow Device</b>

<b><u>Rain Bird:</u></b>
ESP-4Mi <b>Modular Controller</b>
RSD-Bex <b>Rain Sensor</b>
5004-PLPC <i>plus series</i> <b>Rotors</b>
1804 (for lawn area) and 1812 (for flowerbeds) <b>Pop-Up Spray Heads</b>
100-PGA or 100-DVF <b>Valves</b>
Hunter Pre-made Swing Joints to connect all heads to underground piping
Febco or Watts 1" <b>Backflow Device</b>

You can visit The Recommended Products section on Sprinkler Warehouse's website at the following link:
http://www.sprinklerwarehouse.com/partsrec-res.asp

SprinklerTalk.com

Rate this thread