You are not logged in.

mrfixit

Thursday, September 6th 2007, 3:02pm

Calcium deposits

I have an ongoing problem with one of my customers lateral line. It's just the one line. It consists of impacts on top of risers. About every 6 months the bottom three impacts get clogged up with what appears to be big chunks of calcium. I don't see calcium in any other lines at all. Actually I've only seen calcium clog up sprinkler at two other locations. Also on just one line. It doesn't appear to be a city wide problem. The three homes are in the same general area though and maybe getting their water from the same tower. I put a Y-filter at the beginning of the line but that hasn't helped. I was wondering if there's a tablet or something I could put into the Y-filter to keep the calcium from forming? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
If I can't fix it, it's broken!

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Friday, September 7th 2007, 12:49am

Use individual strainer screens for each impact.

mrfixit

Friday, September 7th 2007, 7:12pm

Hi Boots, I did put some small filters in each riser once. They just clogged up faster. I was hoping to solve the formation of calcium in the PVC pipes.
You're right though. The right strainers will help a lot.
If I can't fix it, it's broken!

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Saturday, September 8th 2007, 6:22am

maybe a spindown strainer in the supply - I haven't seen this sort of thing before. do any tests on the particles, to see if they are actually calcium?

Rate this thread