You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

mrfixit

Thursday, September 6th 2007, 3:02pm

Calcium deposits

I have an ongoing problem with one of my customers lateral line. It's just the one line. It consists of impacts on top of risers. About every 6 months the bottom three impacts get clogged up with what appears to be big chunks of calcium. I don't see calcium in any other lines at all. Actually I've only seen calcium clog up sprinkler at two other locations. Also on just one line. It doesn't appear to be a city wide problem. The three homes are in the same general area though and maybe getting their water from the same tower. I put a Y-filter at the beginning of the line but that hasn't helped. I was wondering if there's a tablet or something I could put into the Y-filter to keep the calcium from forming? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
If I can't fix it, it's broken!

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Friday, September 7th 2007, 12:49am

Use individual strainer screens for each impact.

mrfixit

Friday, September 7th 2007, 7:12pm

Hi Boots, I did put some small filters in each riser once. They just clogged up faster. I was hoping to solve the formation of calcium in the PVC pipes.
You're right though. The right strainers will help a lot.
If I can't fix it, it's broken!

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Saturday, September 8th 2007, 6:22am

maybe a spindown strainer in the supply - I haven't seen this sort of thing before. do any tests on the particles, to see if they are actually calcium?

Rate this thread