You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Saturday, September 8th 2007, 3:35am

RC-7Bi

I have an RC-7Bi that will not advance to the next station automatically. At the advise of R B I have replaced the rapid advance motor and the timing motor with no success. I'd be grateful for some help.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Saturday, September 8th 2007, 6:19am

did they tell you to replace the 'timing' motor?

Saturday, September 8th 2007, 6:22am

Thank you for your help. They told me to replace the rapid advance motor and the timing motor. Neither replacement helped solve the problem.

mrfixit

Saturday, September 8th 2007, 8:01am

Since you've replaced the motors then that's not the problem. Each wheel has a switch behind it. Each switch tells the controller to do something. I'm betting one of those switches is bad. You can depress the pin manually on each of the switches to see if they're working. There's a metal lever that depresses the pin. Possibly one of those is broken off or the switch itself is bad. With some trial and error you'll figure it out. Good luck!
If I can't fix it, it's broken!

Sunday, September 9th 2007, 5:20am

Thanks for your help. I think I have found the problem. The plastic gear that the splined pivot shaft fits in appears to be split and therefore is stripped. I have ordered a new one. Thanks again for your help.

Rate this thread