You are not logged in.

tcarmosino

Monday, September 17th 2007, 7:54am

PGP-ADJ vs PSG-ADJ

We have a six (6) zone sprinkler system with Hunter PGP-ADJ-06 heads that came with our new home.

A small to medium sized new landscape bed was installed over one of the PGP-ADJ-06 heads with a small plum tree and several ornamental grasses.

Should I "swap" out the PGP-ADJ-06 head for a PSG-ADJ-Shrub head?

If yes... are they interchangeable?

jimmyburg

Advanced Member

Monday, September 17th 2007, 8:13am

the pgp is a rotor and not a fixed spray(pop-up)and as far as a psg never heard of one. but you should never mix pop-up and rotors on the same zone. as for your little landscape issue is it possible to draw a plot plan and show?
Jimmy
Texas Lic. Irrigator
Landscape Irrigation Auditing & Management
Texas Lic. Backflow Tester

tcarmosino

Tuesday, September 18th 2007, 4:07am

sorry about the typo "PSG-ADJ-Shrub" should be "PGS-ADJ-Hunter PGP Shrub body, Adj.Arc Rotor" it's on the "Related Products..." tab off the Hunter PGP-ADJ picture link from the SprinklerWarehouse main page. would this be mixing pop-up and rotors? i'll try to get a plot plan and post it. thanks in advance...

jimmyburg

Advanced Member

Tuesday, September 18th 2007, 6:42am

if this is what you are talking about http://www.ewing1.com/product/p44/ews_44000800.htm
then yes it is a rotor. but you can use it but has a distance mim 28ft to 40ft.if you have a zone/station next to it,you might be able to run a pop-up of that zone if your pressure is in good standing, and cap the rotor off. just remember the pop-up nozzels put out a average of .5 or 1 gallon a min. and rotors put out 2gal to 5gal and more a min. I hope i have answered some of your questions.
Jimmy
Texas Lic. Irrigator
Landscape Irrigation Auditing & Management
Texas Lic. Backflow Tester

Rate this thread