You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

tcarmosino

Monday, September 17th 2007, 7:54am

PGP-ADJ vs PSG-ADJ

We have a six (6) zone sprinkler system with Hunter PGP-ADJ-06 heads that came with our new home.

A small to medium sized new landscape bed was installed over one of the PGP-ADJ-06 heads with a small plum tree and several ornamental grasses.

Should I "swap" out the PGP-ADJ-06 head for a PSG-ADJ-Shrub head?

If yes... are they interchangeable?

jimmyburg

Advanced Member

Monday, September 17th 2007, 8:13am

the pgp is a rotor and not a fixed spray(pop-up)and as far as a psg never heard of one. but you should never mix pop-up and rotors on the same zone. as for your little landscape issue is it possible to draw a plot plan and show?
Jimmy
Texas Lic. Irrigator
Landscape Irrigation Auditing & Management
Texas Lic. Backflow Tester

tcarmosino

Tuesday, September 18th 2007, 4:07am

sorry about the typo "PSG-ADJ-Shrub" should be "PGS-ADJ-Hunter PGP Shrub body, Adj.Arc Rotor" it's on the "Related Products..." tab off the Hunter PGP-ADJ picture link from the SprinklerWarehouse main page. would this be mixing pop-up and rotors? i'll try to get a plot plan and post it. thanks in advance...

jimmyburg

Advanced Member

Tuesday, September 18th 2007, 6:42am

if this is what you are talking about http://www.ewing1.com/product/p44/ews_44000800.htm
then yes it is a rotor. but you can use it but has a distance mim 28ft to 40ft.if you have a zone/station next to it,you might be able to run a pop-up of that zone if your pressure is in good standing, and cap the rotor off. just remember the pop-up nozzels put out a average of .5 or 1 gallon a min. and rotors put out 2gal to 5gal and more a min. I hope i have answered some of your questions.
Jimmy
Texas Lic. Irrigator
Landscape Irrigation Auditing & Management
Texas Lic. Backflow Tester

Rate this thread