You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

bmccall

Tuesday, September 18th 2007, 7:34am

Drip irrigation with 1/4 tubing

I have looked at all of the posts which are specifically related to drip irrigation and have the feeling that the majority of people on this forum are not experts on drip. That said I have two question!

I am interested in using 1/4 inch tubing attached to 1/2 solid tubing. There appear to be two choices of 1/4 inch tubing - one with laser drilled holes every 6 " and one with emitters built into the tubing every 6 inches. Does anyone have the experience to tell me 1.-which is the best to use and 2. - which is the best brand?

Thanks!

Ben

jimmyburg

Advanced Member

Tuesday, September 18th 2007, 7:56am

I use netafim you can get it at a irrigation supply house or here at sprinklerwarehouse.http://www.sprinklerwarehouse.com/Landscape-Dripline-0-9gph-12-inch-spacing-100ft-p/ld0912-100.htm
to measure how much you need of how much line you need is:
1. Multipy the square footage (LxW) of the area times 12
2. Divide that number by the minimum number of inches apart the rows should be.

So if you had a flowerbed 15ft by 12ft - 15x12=180sqft /180sqft times 12 = 2160sqft divided by 6 inch spacing = 360ft of tubing.

Do you have a flower bed you are converting, if so they have a easy conversion kits out there.
Jimmy
Texas Lic. Irrigator
Landscape Irrigation Auditing & Management
Texas Lic. Backflow Tester

Rate this thread