You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

jaddison

Starting Member

Tuesday, September 18th 2007, 1:46pm

all zones have open circuits help

I just finished installing an irrigation system controlled by a rainbird esp-lx modular controller(two 8 zone modules). I ran a system test (raster) function using the controller and the results where that all zones (17) have "open" circuits. I suspect there is a problem with my ground connection. I daisy chained all valves together and all ground wire connections are located in valve boxes; However, out of the 17 zones, 5 are just dead ended in valve boxes without valves attacthed. In these 5 boxes I left the ground and hot wire loose without connecting them; I hope this was done correctly. Another possibilty is a severed ground wire. My question, is this a proper wiring design for adding future zones and how do I use a multitester (testing resistance) to narrow down where a possible break in the ground wire might be? Also, the controller says that the master valve has a open cicuit, should I be concerned about that?
Jim

Rate this thread