You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Fester74

Wednesday, September 19th 2007, 5:28pm

Irritrol 2909 problem

I'm completely green on sprinklers and valves, so I figure I'd try to learn and better myself. . .which is why I'm here.

I have a Irritrol 2909 1" anti-siphon valve. The problem occurred yesterday after I manually turned it on, then off. Once I turned it off and waited a few seconds for it to kick off, all the sprinklers connected to that valve continued to trickle with water (no leakage from the valve itself, just from all of the connected sprinklers). I opened up the manual bleed to flush anything out, but water would still flow through the valve. Anyone have any recommendations?

mrfixit

Wednesday, September 19th 2007, 6:47pm

Irritrol hasn't been around that long and I don't know what a 2909 valve is. Maybe you read the date code, 2606. If the valve is totally plastic and grey (2700 series), make sure the solenoid seat is tight. You might have to take the solenoid off the valve to tighten it up. Since you have the solenoid off. Take that white thing off holding the plunger inside the solenoid, if there is one. Throw away that white thing. Look for debris. If that doesn't work I'd unscrew the bonnet (top half of the valve) and check the rubber diaphragm and seat. Look for pits or a small hole. Look for debris.
If the valve is black plastic (311) series. Do the same as above with the solenoid. If that doesn't work I'd unscrew the valve adapter and check the seat washer and seat. Look for debris. On one occasion I saw a cracked seat on the 311 valve. Hairline and very hard to see. Good luck!
If I can't fix it, it's broken!

Fester74

Thursday, September 20th 2007, 7:08am

Yes, it is in the 2700 series (totally plastic and gray). Thank you for the tips! I'll give them a try.

Rate this thread