You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

MITFrog

Tuesday, April 8th 2003, 4:52am

Automatic Winterizer System

I am looking for a sprinkler system that automatically blows out the water after sprinkling to prevent freezing at night. Where I live, the fall and spring have freezing nights, but warm days. I would like to keep green lawns as long into the fall as possible, and as early in the spring as possible. However, using a typical system, I have to shut it off as soon as freezing nights start, and have to wait long into the spring to turn it on, to prevent damage by freezing. A system that runs the water, then blows compressed air to clear the system automatically would be perfect. It could also do this only when the temperature dropped to freezing. Does such a system exist?

MIT Frog
MIT Frog

Rate this thread