You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

duaneV

Sunday, September 30th 2007, 2:36am

vertical valve installation

Is there any reason why Hunter valves (HPV-101GS) can not be installed vertically in manifold at house. System: 60 psi static, 5/8 meter, 3/4 house line.

TX Duane

mowinman

Sunday, September 30th 2007, 4:01am

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by duaneV</i>
<br />Is there any reason why Hunter valves (HPV-101GS) can not be installed vertically in manifold at house. System: 60 psi static, 5/8 meter, 3/4 house line.

TX Duane
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">Hi Duane, in some area's it is allowed or not code enforced, in other area's it is prohibited. In my opinion it is best to put the manifold in the ground inside a valve box. This offers protection from damage and cold. I would suggest check your local codes though, they all have requirements that must be complied with.

jimmyburg

Advanced Member

Monday, October 1st 2007, 3:48am

if your in texas, why would you want a manifold anyway? and are you running off a well?
Jimmy
Texas Lic. Irrigator
Landscape Irrigation Auditing & Management
Texas Lic. Backflow Tester

duaneV

Friday, November 2nd 2007, 1:02pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by jimmyburg</i>
<br />if your in texas, why would you want a manifold anyway? and are you running off a well?
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Sorry for long delay I had to go out of town... not running off well. have already installed individual lines to heads. will put all valves in box at foundation. i would like to install some of these vertically rather than in a horizontal position. I could see no functional reason why they could not, but just wanted to make sure. BTW I am in IL.

TX Duane

Rate this thread