You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

edwildesr

Sunday, October 7th 2007, 7:02pm

Virtual Rain XH Remote Controller is Quirky

(I also posted this in another topic, but it probably belongs here)

Anyone know of a list that divulges the quirks and work arounds for this controller? Virtual Rain's website is of no use.

My controller the XH9 Remote is new and the manual is sparsely written and incorrect in some places.

1. Setting and transmitting the programs is tricky. It takes lots of learning by trial and error.
2. A program start time of 12:15 PM does not water in the afternoon, it waters in the moonlight even though the date and time are correct. The first start time on the same program "C" at 9:00 pm starts in the correct part of the day. It is only the 12:15 afternoon setting that runs at midnight.
3. There isn't any way to run a particular program such as A, B or C manually. It requires the complete entry of a "one time only" manual program that disappears after it is run.

4. The remote feature is handy, but correct internal programming would be more useful!

5. Upon reactivating the system after a manual OFF period, the controller will not start a program until a full 24 hours cycles through even though the next watering cycle is 3 hours later than the current time of the reactivation to ON.

This controller is TOTALLY BUGGY. I don't recommend it.

guymedford@yahoo.com

Unregistered

Monday, August 26th 2013, 7:31pm

virtual rain Xh9

Hi There,

I have one of these controllers in my home I just purchased but I have no manual, and do not know how to get it runnng. Any chance I could hook up with you to get a copy of the manual? I can happily send you a thank you gift. My email is guymedford@yahoo.com. You can call or text 209 482-7349. Thank you in advance. Guy

mrfixit

Monday, August 26th 2013, 8:00pm

See if this helps.
manual

Rate this thread