You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

dacaml

Starting Member

Monday, October 8th 2007, 3:52pm

Pipe Burst near Tee for Irrigation & house Line

It appears my installer, did not use pressurized PVC after the water meter, and connected the irrigation system within 18 inches of the water meter. I have a plumber come in and installed a pressure regulator and get my house with water, but I didn't feel comfortable with re-attaching sprinkler system with old pvc. What is the recommend install piping to get my sprinkler system back online? How far should the connection be from the water pressure regulator?

any other recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

jimmyburg

Advanced Member

Tuesday, October 9th 2007, 3:35am

was the installer lic,, have ins., did you sign a contract with a warranty? how old is the system? what part of the country are you in? In Texas I use Class 200 pvc for my installs and repairs,and rarley use sch 40 pvc. If you dont feel comfortable with reataching the connection, then i suggest redoing the install with the proper pipe.
Jimmy
Texas Lic. Irrigator
Landscape Irrigation Auditing & Management
Texas Lic. Backflow Tester

Rate this thread