You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

cornhusk

Starting Member

Tuesday, October 16th 2007, 11:54am

What works to mist/overhead water?

I'll have a 200-500 gallon tank of "worm" tea or similar that I'd like to mist/overhead water onto a ~2500 sq. ft. area. What would you recommend? Cornhusk@mwt.net

Fertigation Guru

Friday, November 30th 2007, 9:19am

Most of the fertigation devices will work with the overhead watering system you describe. However, because you already have a large tank I would recommend a device that does not require a pressure vessel. In particular, the Fertigator, Dosematic, Dose-a-tron, Turf Feeding Systems, just to name a few. All of these devices utilize a siphon hose to draw solutions from a tank/drum/bucket. They all should be fine with the Worm tea. However, if you are going to use a product that has more organic solids suspended in the liquid, make sure you have the appropriate level of filtration on your siphon tube. These solids can ruin the injector piston and seals.

Rate this thread