You are not logged in.

faithfulfrank

Advanced Member

Sunday, December 23rd 2007, 2:15pm

Thanks Mrfixit !

It's dark now, so i'll do that tomorrow......I'll also move those on/off levers so that they are 1/2 to 3/4 inches away from that big valve in the middle of the inlet half of the valve.

I'll then test each zone using the control panel in the garage, and if all looks good, I'll fill the dirt back in and call it done........then check it again when I return in April.......

I'll post tomorrow to let you know all is well......(I hope) Thanks!!
In a few days i'll be back to snowblowing and cold...

Frank D.

"He is no fool who gives up what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose"

faithfulfrank

Advanced Member

Friday, October 17th 2008, 2:40pm

Hello again all you good people.

Well, I'm in a pickle, and I need your good help again. After successfully doing the sprinkler vqlve replacement job last December, I'm back in Florida and I had to MOVE everything I did about 20 ft back, due to a garage addition I plan on doing.

I moved the pipes fine, and have no leaks. I replaced the wires, etc, and I'm sure that was done correctly.

This is what I did wrong....after I was done with the wiring, I turned on the water. Then I went to the control box and tried to do a manual start. Nothing.

Then I remembered about the bleed screw. I turned off the water, and opened the bleed screws. There was some air hammer, and alot of air came out, then water. When doing this on each valve, when the water came out the sprinkler heads on each valve line opened a bit and water came out. When the water seemed steady coming out of the bleedscrew, I turned the bleedscrew back off.

I went to do another manual start, and....nothing. Now what do I do?

Thank you in advance for the help.

Respectfully, Frank D.
"He is no fool who gives up what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose"

Lowvolumejeff

Advanced Member

Friday, October 17th 2008, 11:23pm

see your most recent thread for a best guess

Frank, I answered this on your new thread. Jeff

Rate this thread