You are not logged in.

tlcguy

Starting Member

Friday, February 29th 2008, 8:40am

dirt in nelson rotor

I replaced a load of old rainbirds with nelson 6000 rotors. shortly thereafter a load of silt got in the system from well work done at the business. many of rotors now stick up and many don't rotate. Can these be cleaned out and re-used or are they history. We're talking 40+ rotors. JB ?(

jimmyburg1

Unregistered

Monday, March 3rd 2008, 1:31pm

try spraying some fliud film on them or unscrew the tops and clean them.

sprinklerguru

Unregistered

Friday, May 30th 2008, 7:25pm

RE: dirt in nelson rotor

I replaced a load of old rainbirds with nelson 6000 rotors. shortly thereafter a load of silt got in the system from well work done at the business. many of rotors now stick up and many don't rotate. Can these be cleaned out and re-used or are they history. We're talking 40+ rotors. JB ?(
Unscrew the cap on the case and take the rotor assembly out. Pull the bottom filter off and flush the inside of rotor out with a hose. There is a plunger in the bottom of the rotor (you can push it up with your finger). Make sure there is no sand holding the plunger up. This is a bypass for the motor. If it is held open with sand it will not rotate because water is bypassing the motor. Once flushed out, clean cap and seal, insert rotor back into case (be careful that no debris falls into case) screw cap and seal back on and you're ready to go.

ros

Tuesday, January 27th 2009, 8:01pm

Fluid Film?

What is "fluid film?" I have always been told that water is the only lubricant to use on any sprinkler!

Just trying to learn!

Thanks,

Ros

Rate this thread