You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Wednesday, April 23rd 2003, 9:14am

sprinkler heads uphill

I am helping my brother install a system. His front yard slopes uphill from his house. The road is elevated about 5 feet higher than what he wants his Pressure Vaccuum Breaker to be at the house. We thought of putting one anti-siphon valve up by the road to supply those higher heads, and using regular valves for the rest of the zones. Does this sound reasonable or do you have any other suggestions?

RVLI

Supreme Member

Wednesday, April 23rd 2003, 1:40pm

Never had this situation. I would maybe suggest a master valve, with AVB (Atmospheric Vacuum Breaker) after the master valve once you get out of the mainline in your house, what I'm saying is put the master valve in the house, and the AVB outside. I'm not sure if this would be the correct design, because I have never dealt with this before. I will research and get back to you on this.

Feel free to ask any questions.
Thanks!
Alex

Friday, April 25th 2003, 5:34am

I did some reading on some of the links and the Online Store. When I looked at the double check valves for sale on Sprinklerwarehouse.com it says that terrain need not be considered and can be placed underground. Does that mean that a double check valve can be place at house 5 feet lower than the highest head? If so, is there significant loss of pressure with double check valve?

RVLI

Supreme Member

Friday, April 25th 2003, 12:35pm

Yes a double check valve will reduce the pressure more than a PVB, but I suggest that you use one of those rather than the AVB that I suggested before, because I read in on info also. I would suggest the double check valve. What is your pressure?

Thanks!

Rays Sprinklers

Supreme Member

Friday, May 23rd 2003, 1:10pm

Double check valves can be installed above ground, below ground, instide, and outside. I use the DC, and i know that some say that they reduce pressure, the ones i use really don thave an effect on pressure. I would use the DC

Thanks
Ray
Rays Above and Beyond Automatic Lawn Sprinklers
Thanks
Ray
Rays Above and Beyond Automatic Lawn Sprinklers

Rate this thread