You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

attaboy

Starting Member

Saturday, March 15th 2008, 9:33pm

Design around window well

I am designing my system and I have a 12X50 strip on the side of my house. I have a window well jutting out into this strip of lawn. What is the best way to place the heads around the window well so that water is not going in the window and I am still getting head to head coverage? The window well sticks out about 3 feet. I do not want any water spraying back into the window. Any help would be appreciated.

hi.todd

Supreme Member

Friday, March 21st 2008, 8:55pm

Response to a design issue

I will add my 2 cents. I am going to assume that you will design with spray heads that will have a head to head coverage area. Then I am going to assume that you will use fairly small popups (4") under the window well spraying out away from the house. I would also use a small rainbird nozzle like an 8' Half, 6' Half, 4' Van. These smaller nozzles use a flatter trajectory and you may be able to work it with trial and error. This is just an idea, and I am sure there are other ideas out there. You will probably only find these nozzles at a professional irrigation supply house. I would also suggest you put these heads that are in a questionable area on a separate zone, so that you can control it without affecting the rest of your system.

I hope this was helpful. :thumbsup:

Dan Todd
LI 6121
:thumbup: :thumbsup:

HooKooDooKu

Supreme Member

Tuesday, March 25th 2008, 9:17am

We're missing some key information: the width, placement, and count of the window wells. We currently only know that there seems to be more than one and that they are 3' deep from the house along a 12x50 strip.

But as an idea with what information we've got, what about using triangular head placement, with heads placed at the center-edge of each window well spraying away from the house with a 210 degree arch (i.e. partially spraying back towards the house, but not at the windows) with opposing heads located at the far edge of the strip between window wells spraying toward the house.

Here's a ROUGH sketch of the concept.

Rate this thread