You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Wednesday, March 26th 2008, 8:55pm

Controller with mist feature

I plan on buying a controller for a simple system that runs on well water. However, when I used the well last summer, I found out it does not have enough supply. What I had was a timer with a mist function, which turns the water on for 2 minuts and off for 4, which allowed the well to catch up.

Can someone tell me if there are controllers out there with such a function, or something similar? I will have a total of 4 zones, I plan on watering 2 zones a night, about 3 hours each on mist. Which will be equal to about 1 hour continuous.

Thanks for your help.

Thursday, March 27th 2008, 10:07am

I think I found 1

I think the weathermatic model has this "soak" feature, which I can use to turn off the water for 1 min to 2 hours. This will allow the well to catch up.

Does anyone have any actual experience using this feature? I think it will work.

hi.todd

Supreme Member

Thursday, March 27th 2008, 8:02pm

It may cause your pump to go out early.
I would check with your well guy or girl, and get some advice from him to see if he or she would recommend that type of operation. There is a pump for everything and maybe yours can handle that type of action, but maybe not.
When designing a sprinkler system around a pump one of the ideas to keep in mind is to prevent the well from starting and stopping. It sounds like you are going against what many pumps can endure.
I hope this was helpful.

Dan Todd
:thumbsup:
Maybe if you have four zones you can run 1 zone every 4 days, I don't know if that would help or not. your material to irrigate may need more frequent watering, but you can get the idea.
:thumbup: :thumbsup:

Rate this thread